Our work at Edibles inspires people to grow their own food, teaches vital skills and provides hands on experience that aims to put food at the heart of community. We also offer our great Cowshed space for meetings, with home cooked catering our speciality.
Edibles is situated at Paddock Farm, West Slaithwaite, which is midway between the villages of Slaithwaite and Marsden, in the South Pennines.
We have a volunteer programme for both regular and occasional volunteers. We have short and longer term projects for individuals to get involved with. We also have volunteer weeks during the summer for campers and have a one bedroom flat available for winter volunteers.
- We provide year-round food, grown and for sale locally, with salads and herbs being a speciality.
- Supporting people to grow food by running courses.
- Providing demonstrations of different approaches.
- Activity sessions such as community apple pressing, willow weaving courses.
- Guided visits.
- Regular gardening days.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Outreach work in schools and community organisations.