GROW to school works with children in primary schools across Kirklees. We enrich children’s learning through being outdoors by delivering exciting and challenging sessions in school grounds.
There are three key strands to GROW’s work, which can be delivered on their own or in combination:
- Food growing – GROW works with teachers and children to get schools growing. We teach all you need to know to set-up, run and sustain a productive educational school garden in whatever the space available.
- Learning outside the classroom – We provide inspiring curriculum and topic-based sessions interpreted for the outdoors. Session are delivered in school grounds and the easily accessible local environment.
- Continuing Professional Development – GROW offers bespoke CPD sessions for teaching staff. Sessions are delivered in your school so you have the opportunity to view your schools outdoor resource with fresh eyes.
Every GROW project is different and is individually created to suit the school’s exact needs and curriculum requirements. Please contact us to discuss how we might be able to work with your school.
- Fruit and vegetable growing
- Cook and eat sessions
- Community events
- Seed harvesting
- Team building
- Functional, edible and educational garden design