Growing Newsome are a thriving community of food growers in the Newsome Ward of Huddersfield. We aim to build and strengthen relationships between local residents through the shared activity of growing and eating our own local food.
We help people to share plants, seeds, experience, recipes, ideas and enthusiasm, so that we can help each other to grow. Together, we’re making the very best of our resources – staying healthy, saving money and gaining friendships, food and fun.
Growing Newsome is about sharing what we have – we believe that between us we have everything we need. You can come and share a meal with us at our events, come and share our community allotment or share your stories with us. You’re welcome to be a part of a local food community that is rich in the things that matter.
- Community allotment
- Huddersfield Potato Day
- Seed Swap
- Big Plant Swap
- Opportunities for people to grow together and learn from each other
- Cooking and eating meals together
- Fresh preserves on sale, made with local ingredients
- Sharing memories about gardening and food
- Volunteering opportunities
- Stalls at community events
Connect with us